Thursday, July 26, 2007

No Baby Yet :0(

I went to the doctor today and had hoped he would strip my membranes......unfortunatly he refused....bummer. Gabe was born at 36 weeks 6 days and Ethan was born at 37 weeks, so I figured 37 weeks 3 days was pretty reasonable. I tried every arguement I could think of but he wouldn't budge....he did say I could come in on Tuesday at 7:30 AM and he would do it then. He is a little ditzy and will be coming off of working nights on Labor and Delivery so I'm kind of guessing he will forget.....so I'm not holding my breath.

I haven't been truley uncomfortable until the last couple of days. My heartburn has gotten really bad and he is pushing on my cyatic nerve so my leg has been going numb...fun, fun...gotta love motherhood :0)

I'll keep everyone posted...please pray for a safe, uneventful and painless (yeah, right) delivery.

Heather

P.S. I wouldn't be quite so antsy, but 2 weeks ago he tried to make a surprise apperance. I had regular contractions for several house and the hospital gave me some shots to stop them. I am already at a 2, 50% effaced (sp?) and a -2 station....what a little teaser!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hang in there, Girl! I'm glad you have a good doctor... -2 station is still pretty high. I've been praying for you, though! Get as much sleep as you can, while you can!

Lodmell said...

Good luck, we will be keeping you all in our prayers! Your doctor is much more easy going than mine. My doctor was hesitant to induce at 38 weeks and 6 days. Even when they knew she was weighing about 8 1/2 pounds.
I can't wait to hear and see some pictures of the new baby.

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you and sending positing "get this baby out!" vibes. I think this just may be your first big baby! I'm guessing 8.3 pounds, a head full of hair, and very similar coloring to Sam! We will see SOON we hope! Jillian is getting very anxious to show Joel all the things she has figured out over the past 2 months. ;)

Nancy