Friday, May 16, 2008

NKOTB

Is it just me...or did this seem a little silly....



I was in the 4th grade when New Kids came out.  Just like my children, I led a pretty sheltered life and NKOB would have definitely been considered contraband!  One year I convinced a friend to buy me the "Tiffany" album for my birthday, which I promptly had to return for an Amy Grant album, I think I may still need therapy for this as I still vividly remember the humiliation of having to return the album. :0)

I recognize their songs but I don't really go ga-ga for them.  That being said, I do love me some Whalberg boys, enough said!  

3 comments:

Karen said...

Okay, this clip made me REALY sad/disgusted/not sure what word to use... It's sad to see middle-aged men prance aroung like they did when they were teenagers. I've never been a huge fan, but I'm disappointed that their music hasn't evolved at all!
Glad to see you back on here, by the way!

Anonymous said...

i'm sure glad you're posting again because you crack me up! sounds like we grew up in the same type of environment. i was only able to listen to NKOTB when i went to a friends house... and even then, i just didn't care. as for brad... gray or no gray... he's still not bad to look at... i don't care what you say!!!
-darla

Missy, Jim, Carter and Brady said...

Now, now, Heather I could not let this one go without commenting. The whole point of the clip was performing their "hits". Yes, to some silly, but to a former New Kids fanatic, I loved it. If you check out the crowd, it is mostly probably moms who maybe got away for the morning to relive some nostaglic time in their lives. And honestly, I am jealous! Hang, on, I heard their new song and its pretty good. I wish Jim could make some of those moves at 35! Thanks for posting :)!