Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Rob


Our dear friend Rob went to be with the Lord yesterday afternoon.  Greg and I are devastated.  Neither of us can fathom the fact that it is really true.  

2 Corinthians 5:8 says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.  Rob's body was so broken and I know he is now cheerfully whole with the Lord.  I think the angels are rejoicing to have him home.  

Please pray for his family, for his wife, his children, his mother and all those who have been touched by his life.  I sit totally in numb of this loss.  

Rob you fought the good fight, you finished the race, you kept the faith (paraphrase 2 Timothy 4:7) rest in peace my friend.

7 comments:

Lodmell said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who mourn the loss of Rob. We have been praying hard for weeks. It breaks my heart to think of what Dena is now going through and how it will change the life of his children forever.

erika said...

i am devastated for you, for your friends, for this precious family. i will continue to pray.
love,
erika

Missy, Jim, Carter and Brady said...

I have been following the strength of your friend and I admire her in the journey with her dear Rob. I am truly sorry for the loss you all must be feeling now. We are keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Our love to all.

Darby said...

My thoughts and prayers are with them and you. I'm so sorry Heather, I will be praying!

Karen said...

It seems so sureal, doesn't it? Rob was such a great man, a dedicated husband and a truly remarkable father. My heart breaks for his family. I feel so lucky to have known him...

Wish you were closeby so we could down a bottle of wine- or two.

Liz said...

Joe and I are heartbroken. Our prayers are with his wonderful family. What a brave and honorable man..

Walker Family said...

Very nicely put Heather. Rob was a wonderful American hero. We just have to continue to pray for Dena and the girls so they can be strong through this.