Saturday, June 23, 2007

Strawbie (Gabe lingo) Pickin'


Our "loot"






Grumpy Ethan and his puney fruit....

One of my favorite activities at camp last week was picking our own strawberries. I have always been interested in "pick your own" orchards but they are pretty hard to find in DC! I was so excited to find an orchard near our camp and on the way back home we stopped and picked FIVE pounds of fresh strawberries. Sam and I had a great time. Ethan was sickly and complained the entire time (but we still had fun with him) and Greg sat with Gabe as he slept peacefully in the van. I'm considering becoming a farmer when I "grow up". I so enjoyed talking with Sam as we searched the Strawberry fields for sweet produce. Yesterday I washed and cut our treasures and today we enjoyed the best strawberries we have ever had. Sam said they tasted like "Splenda" which I'm going to assume is a grand compliment for the local Strawberry farm!

Check out the other two posts below for last weeks happenings!

3 comments:

Paula said...

It was awesome to meet you and your beautiful family. We'll keep in touch via blogs, but it would be nice to get together IRL as well. Let us know what works best for you all. Now that Art is an old retired guy our activities are less predictable. : )

Karen said...

Love, Love, LOVE all the updates. And the pictures are precious, especially of a sleeping little boy in his spaghetti! I can't believe that your little boys are growing up. Time flys. Well, call when you get a chance, girlie. Donna & I were worried about you, and you were having the time of your life! :)

Nancy said...

Okay Heather- I have not posted another comment in awhile, but I do check in on you guys often and I have to say that your photos are amazing. I LOVE my little compact CyberShot, but I think we may have to invest in a camera like yours as well. The pic of Ethan and the crawfish is just beautiful! (As beautiful as a crawfish pic could possibly be!!!) Anyway- we will let Greg get some gorgeous shots of Jillian for us on the 4th! Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Nancy