Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Well It's Been Awhile....

Well to all you loyal Spencer fans (read: Karen and Nancy, who are stalking me to post again, seriously though, thanks girls, it makes me feel like someone besides the grandparents actually read this thing!) I am finally posting again. Things have been CRAZY around here. In the words of my Mother "Let the games begin!". Life is always insane once school starts. In the last two weeks Sam started 1st grade, Ethan started preschool (for those of you who know me well, that is a HUGE step) Sam and Ethan started AWANA and Sam started piano and soccer. I am so excited to have them involved in some fantastic programs but it does equal a lot of stress. For instance last Tuesday went something like this (now granted all my days are not like this):

  • 0630 Wake up and feed Joel.
  • 0700 Take shower and get ready.
  • 0730 Wake up boys (who have actually been awake since 0630 acting like wild men).
  • 0800 Feed three big boys and get everyone ready to go to the bus stop.
  • 0855 Get Sam on the bus.
  • 0930 Take Ethan to first day of preschool.
  • 1000 Feed Joel in the commissary parking lot while watching videos with Gabe.
  • 1030 Shop as quickly as physically possible with a 6 week old and a 2 year old.
  • 1200 Drive home from commissary, unload all groceries (with Gabe's help of course) and fix lunch for Gabe and I.
  • 1255 Drive to preschool. Sit in parking lot and nurse Joel
  • 1330 Pick up Ethan. Try to talk to Ethan about day. Conversation goes something like this, "Ethan, how was your day, what did you do?" "Good, if you want to know what we did Mommy, look at the schedule". What a twerp!
  • 1400 Rush to hospital pharmacy to pick up my allergy meds. Pick up number and sit for 10 minutes only to realize I don't have enough time to wait.
  • 1420 Rush to peds for Ethan's Drs appointment.
  • 1445 Rush to hospital pharmacy to pick up my allergy meds. Pick up number and sit for 10 minutes only to realize I don't have enough time to wait. You would have thought I would have figured that out the first time, huh?!
  • 1500 Rush home and make snacks for everyone. Throw everyone in the car and drive to Sam's school.
  • 1530 Feed Joel in the car while Ethan and Joel watch videos and wait for Sam to get out of school.
  • 1600 Sam gets out of school. School has recently instituted new program for "Kiss and Ride" students. School will not let me have Sam until I jump threw a bunch of hoops. Finally get Sam, throw him in the van and drive like a mad women to piano lessons.
  • 1630 Drop Sam off at lessons. Now what to do for an hour with three children on a rainy day.....drive to girlfriends house and hang out with her and her three boys.
  • 1730 Pick up Sam from lessons. Drive like mad women to McDonalds. Shove Happy Meals in everyone's faces, clean everyone up and shove them back in the car (lots of shoving going on...)
  • 1845 Drive back to school for "Back to School Night".
  • 1900 Politely listen to Sam's teacher drone on and on about her discipline procedures.
  • 2000 Drive kids home, nurse Joel, bathe EVERYONE get everyone in bed.
  • 2100 I'm drooling in my pillow, watching TV, surprisingly happy with life but exhausted.
OH and did I mention Greg was at Fort Sill for all this! Figures!!

Of course don't want to leave the two little boys out....they had some big milestones as well....
Gabe is now officially binkie less and Joel is officially smiling! Funny story about Gabe...I'm not quite ready to potty train him but he's definitely showing interest in that direction. One day I was in the shower and he asked if he could flush the toilet. He loves to flush it so I said sure. Well he flushed and got so excited he decided to cheer with a binkie in his mouth. (I'm sure you can see where this is going) Poor Gabe cheered and that binkie fell right out and went right down the toilet faster then you could kiss a goose! His face was classic, poor kid he was traumatized. That was the day I decided it was probably time to get rid of the binkie for good. When we went to the store to buy a toy in honor of the achievement he told the check out lady..."I threw out my binkies and one went down the potty". Poor kid, he might need therapy!

Check out some pics from the last month:


Joel checking himself out. What a looker.


Sam and Ethan Labor Day weekend at Nancy and Ryan's.


Sam's first day of school.



The first day of school is EXHAUSTING when you are only five weeks old!



Sam's first soccer game. This year they actually have goalies! Sam's pretty darn good!


Ethan's first day of Pre-school. Notice pre-binkie throw away.


Sam at soccer practice.


Gabe at soccer practice. This would be the night he poured rocks in his ears and had to go to the emergency room to have them flushed out. Also the night I had a 102 degree fever and found out how AWFUL mastitis (sp?) is. (If you are a boy and are reading this, do not wikipedia this term...trust me you don't want to know.)


Waving at Sam's bus.

Lastly, here is a video of Sam playing the piano. I think he might be the next Beethoven, what do you think?




Hope all is well with everyone. I will try to be better about posting now that we are getting into a schedule!

P.S. Sam's other "first" that he had that day on the video was HOMEWORK!! My baby officially now has homework, he is so old!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh... Okay, I know I have talked to you on the phone, had lunch with you today, but dang! I just feel whole again now that I had a new post to read. It's like Spencers in a nutshell... all the things I wanted to know, but forgot to ask. Great post, and Great pictures! I'm gonna have to splurge for that camera one of these days- I take enough pictures to make it worth the money! Tell Gabe congrats on the sans-pacifier look, Sam congrats on being a big first grader, Ethan congrats on being a preschooler, and Joel... hmm... tell him that Jillian thinks he's cute.

:) Nancy

Hm... I suppose I should add, tell Heather that is one crazy schedule (very funny BTW) and you are Wonder Woman, and tell Greg- "gimme five, in the grass, you passed gas".

Karen said...

After reading your schedule, I don't know whether to laugh or cry! You are definitely Super-Mom. Seriously, you need to find a teacher to come to your HOUSE to teach Sam! That would save so much time. So many milestones at once...
AND YOUR LOYAL READERS THANK YOU!!!!!
Love ya!
Karen

Karen said...

Girl, in response to the comment you left on my blog- I hear you. Why do I get invited to someone's house if I have to "cater" it? Jason calls these people my "low-rent friends", while you, Donna, and Ingrid are my "classy friends". I would have been so p.o.ed if I had been at the brunch you mentioned. What is WRONG with people???!!!

Lodmell said...

I am glad to see that you are back. I was wondering..but had assumed life was crazy and that we would get an update soon. I am glad to hear all the boys are doing well. I am not looking forward to the days when we all have to get up so early for school. My girls still sleep unit about 8:00 or so. I normally roll out of bed with them and don't get a shower until afternoon time. I guess I will have to get my butt in gear.
I SOOOOOOOO sorry to hear of your mastitis experience. I had it this last time with Lauren. I was MISERABLE!!! I was lying in my bed crying it hurt so bad, all I could do was call my mom! I feel your pain, no man would ever understand!