Thursday, December 13, 2007

We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Muppet Style)

If you, like me, grew up in the 80's then you were probably a fan of the Muppets.  I still have a special place in my heart for Miss Piggy, Kermit the Frog and the likes.  

My father and I have a very unique sense of humor.  We often find things funny, that many may not.  I suppose it's a special father daughter bond we share.  When I first heard the Muppets singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas with John Denver, I knew he would love it.  It makes us both laugh.  I love to see my Dad laugh, he has this silly gasp for air thing he does when he gets really tickled that makes me smile even just sitting here thinking about it!  He recently sent me this YouTube "video".  It's really just audio with a picture, but I think it's really funny and I can see me Dad watching it over and over and laughing every time.

My favorite line is:  

Gonzo: Now bring us some figgy pudding, now ... 

Miss Piggy (spoken): Piggy Pudding? 

Gonzo (spoken): No, FIGGY pudding, it's made with figs. 

Miss Piggy (spoken): Oh, sorry. 

Gonzo (spoken): And bacon. 

Miss Piggy (spoken): What?! 


Check out the video!!



I love you Daddy!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I used to love those cantankerous old guys on the Muppets! Whatever happened to the Muppets, anyway? Maybe we'll get to watch re-runs since the T.V. writers are still on strike. And yes, I watch the Kardashians when I come across it. It's like watching a train wreck in slo-mo!