Friday, December 14, 2007

The Wonder of Christmas




Well, I don't know about you guys, but so far we have had a very nice holiday season.  Our decorations are up, I've been to a cookie exchange, the boys have wondered in awe at our Christmas village, we've driven up and down Old Town Alexandria admiring Christmas lights, most of my shopping is done (but not wrapped, YIKES!) and every night we've been reading books about the true meaning of Christmas (Which I have to say I do not recommend "The Legend of the Candy Cane", published by Zonderkids, it is a wee bit on the creepy side.  I had to stop more then once to remind the kids that we don't talk to strangers, we don't go in strangers homes and never, never take candy from strangers!)  Anywho, the other day we put Joel under the tree so he could admire the lights and decorations.  I didn't think he would be able to but he did manage to grab an ornament and promptly set to gum it, crazy baby.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas, especially through they eyes of your children!

3 comments:

Karen said...

That first picture is like a painting! Too cute. When are you posting pix of your bedroom makeover?

Anonymous said...

Okay- We've gotta put the pictures of Jilli (from last week) and Joel by the trees together. Makes all the Christmas fuss worth it... watching their sweet little faces seeing things for the first time. I love the pics!

Aww... Just think about it... when they get married we'll have some baby pictures blown up of them ("Old School" style) behind the head table... HAha...

N

Spurlock Crew said...

He looks like a doll someone left under the tree:)