Tuesday, July 22, 2008

8 Years



Wow a lot has happened in the last 8 years. My girlfriend Beth did this on her blog on her anniversary, I'm a total copier. So here goes, a summary of our last 8 years:

  • June 29, 2000, we are officially married in the midst of a training meeting. I wasn't even there. Greg's commander and my Mom were the "witnesses" and the Chaplain signed the paperwork. The next weekend we moved Greg into our first home on Fort Knox.
  • July 22, 2000 the BIG DAY! We were so cute and fresh faced weren't we!!
  • Mid October I surprisingly find out we are pregnant! We are totally shocked but totally happy.
  • Mid May I graduate from Western Kentucky.
  • June 2, 2001 Samuel Dinwiddie Spencer is born.
  • Late June we move out of our house at Fort Knox. I move in with my parents, Greg goes to the CCC at Fort Leavenworth for six weeks.
  • September 11, 2001.
  • September 29, 2001 we move to Fort Riley, KS. In October we finally decide we have had enough of post lodging and sign a lease for a trailer in a trailer park in Manhattan, KS. Three weeks later we get a call that a house has come available on post.
  • Early November 2001, we move to 400B Holbrook, Fort Riley, KS. I HATED that house! When I found bats, tics and brown recluse spiders in the house near my baby, we decide to get pregnant again so that we can get a bigger house.
  • March 14, 2002 I found out I'm pregnant.
  • July 2002 we move to 44554-1 Wofford Drive, Fort Riley, KS.
  • November 2, 2002 Ethan Mark Spencer is born.
  • January 2003, Greg goes to NTC in California for a month.
  • March 2003 the war begins.
  • April 28, 2003, Greg leaves for Iraq.
  • October 24, 2003, Sean McWilliams is hit by an IED and Greg takes command of Alpha Company, 1-13 Armor.
  • March 22, 2004, Greg comes home from Iraq.
  • April 2004 we go on a cruise, FABULOUS!!
  • June 5, 2004 we find out we are pregnant!
  • October 2004, Greg goes back to NTC for a month.
  • January 21, 2005, Gabriel Neal Spencer is born.
  • February 2, 2005, Greg goes back to Iraq.
  • October 24, 2005, Greg leaves command.
  • November 2005, three soldiers from our old company are killed and one of our dear friends barely survives an IED blast.
  • January 24, 2006, Greg returns from Iraq.
  • April 2006, the movers pack our house and we move to 5991 Denty Place, Fort Belvoir, VA.
  • May 2006, Greg leaves for a 10 week class in Huntsville, AL.
  • June 2006, we join him in Huntsville.
  • August 2006, we return to Fort Belvoir on a mission to get a different house on post.
  • November 2006 we move into a new house, 9550 Kezia Trail, on post.
  • December 9, 2006, we find out we are pregnant.
  • August 1, 2007, Joel William Spencer is born.
  • February 2008, Greg leaves for 6 weeks for a test fire.
  • April 18, 2008, we close on our first house and move ourselves, all 15k pounds.
  • May 2008, Greg starts ILE.
  • July 22, 2008 we celebrate 8 years of marriage.
Baby it's no wonder we've had a rocky couple of years, look at all we've done, accomplished and been through together. I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else.

This morning Greg told me he would marry me all over again every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It made my heart flutter. I love you baby!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. That's so sweet, but honestly, all those weddings would get a bit pricy. ;)

Just teasing. I hope your anniversary is WONDERFUL (and I'm sorry for not wishing you a happy anniversary when we talked earlier... I'm horrible). I liked your Heather and Greg timeline.. We're only 4+ years into being married and already I can't remember all the big stuff- so important to write it down!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

xoxoxoxox

Lodmell said...

Happy Anniversary! I know I already sent you one message, but I wanted to comment on how impressed I am by all your detail. Mine was only 5 years and I don't know all those dates!! Impresive! Congrats on 8 years! Have a happy day! I always want to say how blessed I feel to have been able to live with you for that short while and be a part of your special day!

Karen said...

Congrats, Heather! Why did it take so long to get "officially" married? Did the pastor not have the paperwork the day of the wedding?

Happy Anniversary!

Liz said...

Hope it was a wonderful anniversary. You have definately accomplished and been through a lot.