Saturday, July 05, 2008

In the Heat

Instead of swim lessons, I decided this year we would try a pre-competitive swim team. The boys have LOVED going to practice everyday, which makes me very happy.

On Thursday, the boys had the first meet. It was one of my proudest moments as a mother. I was so filled with joy to see them push themselves further then they thought they could ever go and do it well!!

Of course at the end of the meet, everyone received ribbons. The boys really did very well. Here are some pics from the big meet!

Ethan swimming free style. If the kids are uncomfortable the coaches stay in the water with them!

Ethan swimming back stroke.

Gabe and I cheering for our boys!

Sam is "in the zone".

I LOVE this face. He is so proud of himself!

So proud of their ribbons!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Go Spencer Boys!

Nancy said...

I love the photos... good idea giving someone your camera- was it Greg? I love the expression caught on Sam's face. Pure delight.

Hey- I think you should add the little birthday/anniversary tickers to your blog... I'm always losing track of all you Spencers...

Nancy said...

UGH! AND, Jillian's BabySite gets a shout out/link, and my blog does not?!?!

Marilyn Eve said...

Your boys are seriously gorgeous! Have you considered getting them into modeling... you could make some serious $$$$... then you wouldn't have to worry about sticking to the budget you mentioned a few posts back ;)

XOXOXOXOXOXO

That's a hug and kiss for each Spencer!