Wednesday, August 06, 2008

He won't need therapy....yet.....

I haven't forgotten to post about Joel's birthday....it's just that....well....we never actually told him that it was his birthday....well that's a half truth....we wished him a happy birthday on the actual day, but then we didn't have a party....I feel guilty....don't make me feel worse.....

I have big plans to celebrate his "golden birthday" (he was one on the 1st of August, hence the golden day), we just haven't gotten around to celebrating. It's not that we don't want to....it's that our dear friends the Kules always seem to be busy, and since Jillian is pretty much Joel's only age appropriate friend...we are waiting for her ;0)

In the mean time, here's a funny picture of Gabe as well as a funny story:

Me: Gabe, will you always be my baby?

Gabe: No Mommy, I'm a big boy now....

Me: When you grow up are you going to get married?

Gabe: When I grow up I'm going to marry you Mommy, because I LOVE you soooo much!!

Me: Oh, Gabe, I can't wait for us to get married....

Pause....as we both think about marriage, him growing up, etc (or at least that's what I was thinking about!)

Gabe: Mommy....I can't wait to be a grown up....

Me: Why is that Gabe?

Gabe: 'Cause then I'll get to spank people....

(I'm cracking up at this point)

Me: Who do you want to spank Gabe?

Gabe: (With the biggest onoriest grin I have ever seen)....I wanna spank ETHAN!!!

Ahhhh brotherly love.....gotta love it!!

Gabe chipmunk cheeked!! Those cheeks are full of grapes....dangerous....I know....but I had to get a picture before I told him to NEVER do it again!

4 comments:

Karen said...

That's so funny! And it seemed like yesterday that we were watching Gabe eat his first birthday cake. Time flys by too quickly...

Liz said...

How stinkin cute!!! You make some adorable kiddos there :)

Nancy said...

We're sorry! But hey- who doesn't want some cupcakes after they are subjected to a round of shots... I was thinking of Joel when we delayed the celebration- honestly!

;) N

Unknown said...

OH MY!!! This is amazing heather-kids are soooooo funny!