Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Baby Girl's Room

The internet really is amazing!  Mom and I love to keep up with decorating blogs, especially that of my girlfriend Erika over at Urban Grace Interiors.  The other day she gave a little teaser about her baby girl's nursery and of course got a ton of comments.  As I scrolled down to make my own comment I noticed someone else commenting about their nursery and curiosity got the best of me.  I clicked on the profile and finally her blog.  Her name is Holly and she has a fantastic design blog.  As I was collecting ideas for our nursery I noticed that she does design consulting!!  YAY!!  If you know me you know I need all the help I can get.  After a few emails and a very reasonable fee we were off and running.  She has given me some fantastic ideas.  

So here's a few teasers from baby girl's room:

The Quilt Fabric

The bedding.

The Wall Color and Curtain Fabric




 Two Possible Accessories


The new curtain rod (with old curtains, poor Joel couldn't sleep without them).


Maybe this chair...


And perhaps this fan...any thoughts on the fan?  It's kind of a must and I think I would girly up the shades with fabric and some other sort of bling.  Holly is asking for comments on it too, so go to her blog and comment if you don't comment here!  

So much to think about!  I've got sewing central set up on my dining room table.  I have 4 of 35 blocks made, I could sew faster if I didn't have soooo much help from little hands!  I need to order the curtain fabric, buy lining, finish the quilt, make a toile blanket, the list goes on!  

As of today, if I go full term I have 99 days to go!  Since my doctor and I are in agreement about progressing things along at 38 weeks then I have only 85!  WOW this pregnancy is FLYING by!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Heather,

That all looks really nice, girly and classy. I especially like the fabrics you choose for the quilt.

Keep up the good work :)

Nancy said...

I really like the fan- I think it will be great as is, or with fabric added. Also, seeing the paint and fabric in person today- I've gotta say... I love it!!!

Glad we got to hang out this afternoon! Happy Last Day of School!!!! (and good luck!!! haha)

The Akin Family said...

Cute!! Can't wait to see the finished product.