Sunday, June 28, 2009

ON THE BOOMERANG EXPRESS...IT ALL COMES BACK TO JESUS!!

This past week was VBS, hence the fact that I didn't update.  I volunteered to help so that Joel and Gabe could participate in preschool activities.  We all had a great time, despite the fact that I had to wear a BRIGHT ORANGE t-shirt all week!  On Thursday we did have to bail out a little early, some funky virus was heading around the nursery and Joel jumped on that train and ended up with a 102 degree fever and an upset tummy, no fun.  Friday I was struggling with an outer ear infection, but the big boys still went and had a great time!

On Wednesday night the church had a family event, complete with fried chicken, pony rides, games, and a moon bounce.  The boys were overjoyed to participate in everything especially the free snow cones!  


Ethan and Gabe waiting in line to ride the ponies.  This may be my all time favorite picture of the two of them.  I don't want to jinx myself but I think Gabe may be moving out of the terribly awkward three/four year old smile.


A weird smile, but to be fair the sun was in his eyes!


Even Joel got in on the action, but didn't love it!


Ethan was an old pro!

Sam wasn't all that interested in riding this year, but was bummed when he missed out on the picture taking session!  

We really love our new church.  We feel like we have finally found our church home.  This morning we pulled the little boys out of nursery and all six of us went forward to make First Baptist our new church home.  It was rather exciting!

In other weekend news, Holly, the gal helping me with Abby's room, put us onto the coolest store in Leesburg, VA.  Lucketts Store is one of the stores that you read about in a magazine and you think "OH MAN, why can't we have one of those near us".  They had everything you could think of, from vintage, quirky antiques to really fun gifts and EVERYTHING was very reasonable priced.  I was a little upset when we first pulled up.  Out front were four awesome red rod iron chairs that were to die for, unfortunately the couple in front of us had the same idea and snatched them right up!  I did find a nice ottoman for baby girl's room:


I'm not sure about the current slipper cover, but for $30 I couldn't pass it up and I'm hoping to make or have someone make a new slipcover for it.  

I also got this queen size sagey green chenille coverlet that I have no idea what to do with but I just couldn't pass it up for $35!!


This isn't the best picture of it, but I loved it.

Anybody wanna join me in Leesburg??  They have a Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware outlet too!



3 comments:

Nancy said...

Looks like you found some really great stuff! And, your pictures from bible camp are great! I think we should stick the boys with the kids and do some shopping one of these weekends!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I had to click over from Holly's site. :) She's been a bloggy/web friend of mine for awhile now, and gave me some info. for a fab piece for my MOPS newsletter. You're so lucky to have her as a design consultant. Love the baby's room! I'm in Virginia too. Haven't ever made it out to the Leesburg outlets, but some friends of mine enjoy going when they can. :) Just wanted to say hi to another Virginia blogger!

Organized Chaos said...

Hey Heather...reading your blog after seeing the link from FB. I'm a fellow blogger. My site is www.myweethree.blogspot.com .

And about Leesburg...I'm totally there! Although, I think we should keep our combined 8 kids at home and go just with girls...it would be a fun Saturday morning trip and then lunch.