Monday, November 09, 2009

A More Beautiful You

It's always hard after you have a baby to keep things in perspective. One day I'll have my body back, one day I'll be "beautiful" again.

It has been so refreshing to hear this song from John Diaz, especially after receiving what I have dubbed a Kate Gosslin haircut. I swear I went into the salon imagining walking out as some super model. Why am I always disappointed when it's just the same ol' me??


When I got out of the car after many hours and way to much money at the salon, the
first thing Sam said to me was "I don't like it". After doing a little more digging I
realized he just meant he didn't like it because I didn't look like "Mommy"
anymore. Ahhh...how sweet. Gotta love little boys!

I think my favorite part of this song is that I was "made to fill a purpose that only
I can do". WOW!! God made me, Heather Spencer, for a specific purpose.
That's mind boggling and amazing all in the same thought. Before Abby was
born I didn't pay much attention to this song. A girlfriend of mine who has
4 girls had it on her blog and I thought it was sweet but my perspective
has totally changed since having her. I pray the Lord gives me the grace
to teach her that beauty truly is on the inside contrary
to what the world would like us to believe!

6 comments:

Christy said...

WOW thanks for sharing, I hadn't heard this song before. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to put it on my blog.

The Akin Family said...

I love your haircut! And, with short hair, it will be a totally different style in two weeks anyway. It's way cute!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You've always been a 'super model' to me. No matter how your hair is cut. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

I had just read your new blog comments when I made my previous comment. I just listened to the song. Wow. What a neat song. It expresses the way I have always felt about your mom, you, your brother, and your sister. I am now blessed to feel the same way about my son-in-laws and all my grandchildren.

Ki m Decker said...

So, can we get a shot of the new "do?" I am sure it looks cute. I think you can pull off Kate Gosslin. Hang in there!

PS...love the baby pics of Abby! I am sure you are having a great time buying some pink for a change. Congrats guys!