Tuesday, November 03, 2009

More Fall Fun and an Announcment

Attempting to "do it all" with five children is rather hard. Here are some pictures of us trying to make memories. (Let me just say there were a few times I wanted to run out of the room yelling "We are having fun DAMN IT!!", sorry for the potty mouth).

Picking out a pumpkin for our first ever pumpkin carving. "Mommy, we should get that one"

"I'll sit on this pumpkin, but I still think we should get THAT pumpkin"

"You're not going to get that pumpkin are you?"

Abby did what Abby does best...SCREAM!!!

Still worried about that pumpkin!

He had every right to be worried...I went with a different pumpkin!

Sam reading me the directions on how to carve a pumpkin. Like I mentioned before, this was our first time!

Stabbing the top!!

To say that Gabe thought the pumpkins stunk would be an under statement!

Our bat pumpkin in all it's glory. Of course we forgot to put it out on Halloween but we still had fun carving it.

On a side note, I made some FANTASTIC pumpkin seeds with it. I did some research online and combined a couple of recipes.

1. Remove seeds from pumpkin and place (goop and all) into a pot of salted water.
2. Bring water to a boil.
3. Boil for 20 minutes.
4. Strain seeds and remove any extra "goop", most will have come off during the boiling.
5. Spread seeds on a cookie sheet and allow to dry for 24 hours.
6. Melt enough butter to evenly coat your seeds. Toss seeds in butter and spread back out on a cookie sheet.
7. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
8. Crack sea salt over seeds.
9. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15.
10. ENJOY!

Lastly, I wanted to post our baby girl's birth announcement. Greg did a fantastic job taking the picture and a special thanks to my brother for all the post processing he did to make them just right!


Aren't my kids precious! The Lord truly has done great things for us!

2 comments:

Liz said...

What a cute post!!! And that picture is adorable. I paid a pretty penny for a picture very similar.

erika said...

absoulutely precious!!!!