Monday, October 22, 2007

Out of the Mouth's of Babes V


My children, make me laugh. I genuinely find them very funny. The older they get the wittier their comments become. Today my conversation went something like this:

Sam: "Mommy, I have GOT to learn the parts of a chicken"

Me: "Why is that Sam?" (very confused)

Sam: "So I know which parts NOT to eat" (as he held up that random boney/gristly/jointy end part of a chicken leg)

I laughed out loud, poor kid he just dug right in to that chicken, bone, gristly parts and all!

On a side note, Ethan is now officially a preschool drop out. He didn't like the program, they didn't teach him anything and his teacher frequently used double negatives, YUCK! In a desperate attempt to find something to do with the boys during the day while also preparing Ethan for kindergarten I stumbled upon a fantastic website called Hubbard's Cupboard. They have preschool type lesson plans, to include printouts, games, songs, etc. We have had a great time the last two weeks learning about Creation. I highly recommend this site if you are looking for something to keep you busy this school year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny... I love to hear all the things the kids say- they are a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Nancy

Karen said...

So funny! But I'm irritated about a TEACHER using double negatives. What is wrong with people! Have you checked out other preschools?