Monday, September 01, 2008

6-10

Have you been dying to hear the rest of my list...poised on the edge of your seat...I bet you haven't gotten up from you computer, or slept, or showered since my last gripping post.....oh who am I kidding...no one enjoys my blog THAT much...

6. Number 6 on my list of must dos for a fabulous vacation is, as in the famous word's of Alan Jackson..."a lot of front porch sittin". My parents have an amazing front porch. Here's the view from their porch....



What you can't see in these pictures is the amazing porch swing I'm sitting on...I could spend hours on that thing, my Dad often takes his afternoon siesta out there. I love that front porch and the time just sitting around talking with no distractions.

7. Which brings us to #7. Always eat at least one item of food that makes you look like your papa:

I was just telling my Mom that I don't know what it will be, certainly not a mustache (I hope), but I need something that my grandbabies will recognize as my signature...every time those boys see a mustache or figure out away to give themselves a moustache they think of their Papa!

8. Give your baby his first hair cut! First hair cuts are always memorable, why not have one on vacation! Joel was a trooper. She didn't cut off as much as I would have liked but he does look a lot better!

9. Number 9, in no particular order, is spend some quality time driving around the farm on Granny and Grandpa's GoKart and Golf Cart! On Tuesday morning we got up and packed to head down to Bowling Green. Of course right before we left Gabe decided to lose his breakfast all over my Mom's beautiful white Ballard Design's slipcovered chairs. Thankfully, Mom was very gracious and Biz does amazing things! When we finally made it down to BG, we went through the drive threw at Zaxby's (you know I love me some Zaxby's) and then headed down to Greg's parent's farm where they were researching buying some transportation for the farm.

The boys had a blast on this:


I have to admit...I think the adults had just as much fun on this one as the kids did...all though...if you are ever on one of these, be sure to avoid these:

(Look quickly...I don't really have a weak stomach,
but this picture really does make me want to barf)

Yes, that's what you think it is. A fresh cow pie. (Ethan had a hilarious revelation the other day..."Mommy if cow's make cow pies...then I make Ethan pies"...."Why yes Ethan, that's true, HA!") Greg and Sam had the unfortunate luck of "not seeing" a few of these down in the pasture...let's just say everyone got a bath after riding that day!

We also really enjoyed the new Golf Cart that Kathie and Larry purchased for the farm. We even managed to get Greg's grandmother, who is pushing 90, on it and were able to take her down to the creek, which she hadn't seen in two years. Gabe told her we were taking her on a date, we all got a good chuckle out of that one!

10. Number 10 is probably my favorite tip for vacationing. Always, always, always, save some time for some pampering! Thanks to my sweet mother-in-law and sister-in-law I was treated to a massage, facial, hair cut and color, and a make up treatment! Here I am before:

And after:

I'd say it's an improvement! It wasn't a huge change but she did darken up my color and give me some more layers. Greg's happy so I guess that's what matters!

Well....stay tuned....11-15 are coming soon....

4 comments:

Liz said...

You were always good for a luagh!! Too funny. Glad you had such a good vacation. I'll be looking for what's next on the list.

Shawni said...

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for saying hi on my blog! I also love this list. I want that porch swing! And I love the haircut.

Karen said...

You look fabulous! I need to go on vacation with you next year. It sounds like you had a lot of fun, and probably could have used a private nurse on the way!

Nancy said...

Wowzer! Heather- it really looks like you guys had a blast, and I love all of your photos. I'm also really glad to her that you got in some time for pampering!!!

N