Thursday, April 16, 2009

"The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"


I recently decided to start a book club with a few friends.  I love to read and book clubs seem to be all the rage.  Our first book was "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society".  It was a fascinating read.  The book is set in Europe directly after the end of World War II.  It is written as a collection of letters, which I, at first, found distracting, but then grew to love.  My only complaint of the book was the final chapters.  The author fell ill and asked her niece to finish the book for her.  You can definitely see a change in their writing styles which is slightly distracting.  Overall it was a decent, quick read and I thoroughly enjoyed getting together with other women to discuss it and eat!  

This month we are reading this:



Stay tuned!

2 comments:

~ Uncle Sam's Family, Est. September 1994 ~ said...

Thanks for starting the Book Club! :o) By the way, I am so glad you picked Anne of Green Gables! I LOVED it and couldn't put it down. I just picked up Anne of Avenlea today. How did I miss these as a girl?

Karen said...

I LOVE, LOVE the Anne Of Green Gables series! I loved the movies too!