Monday, August 10, 2009

EXPOSED

Last Tuesday I took Sam to have his front top teeth "exposed".  In October 2006, Sam was playing on the playground at school and somehow fell into the ladder of the jungle gym.  The fall took out his top four teeth roots and all.  The dentist warned me that it would probably be years before we saw his adult teeth, and she wasn't kidding!  

The last couple of visits she (the dentist) had been telling me that she would probably need to do a procedure to expose his top teeth because his gums had become very hard and calloused over the last almost three years.  In May she told me that she was ready for me to schedule the procedure which I did for August 4th.  I really debated about when to tell Sam, I finally decided the morning of was plenty of time for my little worrier.  He took the news rather well, especially after I mentioned the promise of milk shakes and a trip to the grocery to pick up "soft" foods for afterwards.  

That morning we got to the dentist right at 12:00 and they called us right back.  Twenty-five minutes, laughing gas, Novocain, and a scalpel later we were walking out the door with one pearly white already showing through.  I couldn't believe how fast it was over and I also couldn't believe how much she had to saw through those poor gums to get to his tooth.  The dentist basically took two almond shaped pieces of gum out of his mouth so that his teeth could fall into place.  So far we've had great success with the left tooth, the right tooth has been more reluctant.  I'm hoping we see it VERY soon.

Here are some before and after pics and one from today:


BEFORE


AFTER


TODAY (I don't know if you can tell, but braces are in our future)

On the subject of exposure...I wanted to EXPOSE some of the great sellers I have been finding on ETSY.

Ya'll I love etsy!  I have found some great things for our house.  I got a great silhouette kind of like this one for Abby's room:


It's by sarah + abraham.  Click here to go to their store.

I also got this for Miss Abby's Room:


It's by Megity's Handmade.  Click HERE to shop her etsy store.  I'm not much for clutter but I think these tassels are SO STINKIN' CUTE!!

I also got this for Miss Abby herself:

baby not included...but isn't that the most ADORABLE hat you ever saw.  Oh I can't wait for her to get here and to put it on her little head!  This little flapper hat was from Portland Beanie Company.  Click HERE to shop their store.

From Roll and Tumble Press I got these great prints for our bathroom and for our kitchen:



To shop their store click HERE.

I'm not even mentioning the great fabric I've purchased as well as the lady who is making me an infant car seat cover!  I'm in love with ETSY!  Do you have anyone etsy stores you recommend?


1 comment:

Nancy said...

I have to go explore Etsy more... it really does look so great and you've found a lot of cute stuff!

Any showing on that second tooth?!?