Tuesday, February 19, 2008

At Last.....

Drum Roll Please.......!!!!!! At last the pictures of our new room. First let me say how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our new room. Thank you Erika for giving us your time and your amazing talent. The only thing bad about having our bedroom redone is now the rest of my house looks so shabby, alas, I guess I will just now have to do other rooms! To think all of this started with me asking if I should paint me bed black!!

So here they are, my room BEFORE:

Our room AFTER:


BEFORE:

AFTER (I just noticed that the duvet got a little wonky on this side....oops):


Bedside Tables BEFORE:

AFTER (Greg took these pictures I guess he didn't notice the skirt was a little messed up):

Dresser BEFORE:


AFTER:

I still cannot believe how ugly my room was. It looked SO old lady. YUCK! In my defense I have had that stuff for almost seven years.

Now for what we did:

-First we painted our room, which actually made our old stuff look 1000x better but I wasn't stopping there (even though Greg had the nerve to suggest that).
-Erika actually advised us against painting the bed and helped us find fabulous bedding! Our sheets are Vera Wang from Kohl's. The coverlet is Target and the duvet is also from Kohl's both thanks to Erika. The bedskirt I made with fabric from Erika. The blueish green pillows and throw are from Target.
-We painted the dresser to match my beautiful desk and replaced all of the old hardware. Finding hardware was a royal pain, evidently hardware sizes have changed a lot in the last 50 years. We did finally find suitable hardware at Joe Ley's in Louisville. What an awesome place!
-The mirror above the dresser is the original mirror, painted a harmmered gold and hung sideways.
-The lamp is a Target/thrift store find, thanks to Erika. The shade is from Martha Stewart at Kmart.
-The little birdie on the dresser was $3.00 at Joe Ley's!!
-The hand for my jewelry is from ebay.
-The jewelry box is from ZGallery, what an incredible place.
-The bedside tables were made by my dad. The skirts were made by Erika's seamstress. The glass we had cut at a glass store here in town. They are so incredibly functional and I love them. Under the skirts are three shelves and they are full of all of our junk!
-The pictures above my bed are the old frames from before painted a hammered gold and the pictures are from IKEA.
-The curtains are Nate Burkus for Linen's and Things. The Roman Shade is from Target as is the curtain rod and rings.

I am so in love with this room. Isn't it beautiful. (Erika I know you mentioned taking pictures in natural light, but we don't have a lot of that in our bedroom so we did the best we could) Erika I cannot thank you enough. There is a small token of our appreciation in the mail!! You rock and I know you will be super successful and a household name one day!

12 comments:

Darby said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! It's so stinkin' beautiful!!! Great job to you for executing all on your own!! Y'all did awesome together!

The Akin Family said...

It is so FABULOUS!!! I am so jealous! Erika did such a good job, and maybe this a good time to let her know that I love her blog! She has amazing taste! Heather, you guys did so good too, your room looks so relaxing!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You guys really did such a wonderful job- it looks fantastic!

Nancy

Karen said...

Wow, Wow, WOW! Your own little Love Nest. Everything looks so relaxing. I might have to come over just to take a nap!

Anonymous said...

Oh I could cry!!! I LOVE your new room!! You did such an awesome job! I hope you enjoy for many many years!!!
XOXOXO
erika

Kay Sue said...

Beautiful, Beautiful. Erika is fabulous!!!!!!!!

Love you,

MOM

Lodmell said...

LOVE IT!!! It looks so relazing. Makes me want to do my own bedroom over again. We keep trying to wait until we move to a bigger house.
Erika and you have some fabulous taste. I love checking in on her blog periodically. Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

The new room looks great although I can't believe you painted a cherry dresser white.

Cheryl said...

Wow it looks GREAT! I'm so impressed! Does Erika come to Texas ever?? My house could use some help...

kathie said...

I love your new room. I love the color of the bedroom walls and the new bedding...so relaxing...and I have to find out how you painted that dresser white...love it!!
Kathie

Dawn Hudson said...

I found your blog through another and love the room. I haven't read enough to know if you are living in a military house or not but we are. I just got ballsey(is that a word) and painted out living room and entry way. The living room I did when we first moved in and was so nervous it hardly looks like i painted at all and the enrty way I just did with a much darker brown and love it. I do have a question about your painted furiture. Does it look as good as it does in the photos? Anything you would have done different? I need to update our old hand me down dressers and was thinking of painting but am a little nervous. Not sure why because its not like they are new. Have any pointers?

Anonymous said...

Hi-

New to your blog. Erika is very talented. Does she have a websight?

Thanks,
Lauren from Florida