Thursday, February 21, 2008

I can't believe I'm saying this.....I miss the Wiggles!!

The Wiggles can be annoying, but they are actually kind of fun to watch. I've heard of desperate housewives having crushes on Greg or Jeff, while not one to have a crush I do kind of miss their sing songy voices in my house.

When Ethan was a toddler he could not get enough of the Wiggles. We personally own, a Wiggles Guitar, a Wiggles Microphone, a Wiggles video or two and MOST importantly the Wiggles Feathersword, great for tickling unsuspecting little boys! Earlier in the week Gabe dug out our Wiggles Guitar and was wiggling his "booty" to the music. He ever so sweetly asked if we could please, please, watch our Wiggles video in the car (he spends a fair amount of time in the car seat ferrying his brothers around). How could I resist those Paul Newman baby blues. For the last two days we have been watching this on repeat:



Oh and heavens forbid you don't sing, you must sing at the top of your lungs or you will incur the wrath of a three year old: "SING MOMMY". Today he was even a little put out that Joel was singing, hey you can't have it all kid!!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Okay, really random and this may inspire me to figure out how to upload YouTube videos, but my really good friend Wendy was on Letterman summer before last singing this song. To Letterman. With hand gestures. On National TV. I kid you not. She learned it from her little cousin and had no idea at the time it was the Wiggles, and she sang it for Stump the Band. She successfully stumped the band. I still have it on my Tivo because its the cutest thing ever. I'm going to try to find a way to upload it....hilarious! And, I could see how they'd be catchy. So cute your kids are musical too!

Karen said...

I don't think I've ever heard of the Wiggles. Did they get cancelled?

Lodmell said...

I bet you have been toot, toot, chuggaing in your sleep. We haven't really watched the Wiggles.
The girls LOVE to dance and sing. Your post introduced them to the Wiggles. They came running in from the other room when they heard it. All day today they asked to listen to it again. We have been on You Tube, playing all the other videos. The Easter Bunny has now placed an order. Lauren has even been trying to do the Monkey Dance.