Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baby Quilts

Before my boys are born I have made them each a quilt.  They each love them dearly (even taking them to sleepovers, which I have tried to discourage).  

I am pretty sure (all though I do REALLY want a girl) that this baby is another boy.  When I was pregnant with Joel we already knew by now that he was in fact going to carry on the Spencer name.  I had an appointment for last Friday to try to sneak a peak but decided to cancel.  I rescheduled for April 8th when I KNOW things will be very clear.  

I haven't gotten too antsy about finding out but in the last couple of days two friends, Nancy and Erika have been talking about finding out what they are having.  They are due in September as well, one is 20 days ahead of me the other 10.  Hearing them talk about it has put me into planning mode and when I saw this quilt on www.sewmamasew.com, I almost rebooked my appointment for sooner.  


Isn't that the cutest thing you ever saw???  OH I LOVE IT!!  

The first week I found out I was pregnant I found this quilt on the same site:


Isn't it so sweet and beautiful.  If we are having a girl, I will definitely be making this quilt!

OOOHHH....now April 8th can't come fast enough!

11 comments:

erika said...

I don't know how you can stand it! All I can think about is NEXT THURSDAY's appointment! I cannot wait!!!! I had a friend who's sister-in-law delivered last week- were told it was a girl when it was born... SURPRISE... it was a BOY. I think I would faint!!!
XO
erika

Liz said...

Those are PRECIOUS!!!! I knew with all three of mine too what they were. Still hoping for some pink for you but wow 5 boys...wow.

Lodmell said...

I love the quilts. I especially like the girl one. My fingers are crossed for a girl!!

Mandy Guss said...

I love the new header on the blog. So cute. And the quilts are great too... Wish I could get the motivation to finish the quilt I started 7 years ago. Sad, I know.. :). By the way.. my email is mandy.guss@uscm.org. You can send any info there! Thanks for volunteering to give it so I don't have to stalk you. :)

Hilliard Family said...

I have made versions of both quilts and they do come out cute. I will say I made the star one in red, white and blue and the square one in pinks and pastels for Gabby. So you could do either one for a boy or girl. Or you could be surprised! We did it with both and it's more fun than people give it credit for! If only b/c it drives everyone else nuts!

Nancy said...

I really like the square design... for a boy or a girl! Just think of how cute it would look with reds and purples and pinks... Awww...

Or, blues, greens and reds. :) Sorry Heather, but I'm betting this baby will have the honor of wearing hand-me-downs too. That being said, at least you two make some pretty darn cute & smart boys!!! Maybe there's something to be said for sticking with what you know and do well! ;)

Nancy said...

I need to make you a new header for the blog like the one I just made for ours once you find out. Be looking for individual shots of you and Greg we could use... :)

Nancy said...

Why do people have such a hard time understanding that we just want a comment on our blog if we take the time to make an entry. When I posted the news about our baby-to-be being a girl, I wrote down how many people had visited the site- 1,385. Now look. 100 people are bums.

Just wanted to vent.

xox

Sarahbeth said...

I LOVE those quilts-- and so impressed that you quilt. It's one of the things i most want to learn. We're heading to leavenworth for the August course. Hopefully. If we can sell or rent our house.

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray you get your darling little girl! But no matter what you sex your baby is... all your kids are soooo adorable. So if you have another boy... I will be happy to take him! =)

Congrats! "Crossing my fingers for Pink"

In reading the comments on here, I had the same thing happen to me as Erika's friend... Jack was a girl 2 hours before he was born... then popped out a boy... You always have to be prepared. Always take one of each coming home outfit just incase!

Miss ya lady!
XOXO
Donna

The Akin Family said...

I have always been so envious of those sewing skills of yours, and the boys' quilts are always so cute! I love both the quilts but I am really hoping you get to make the pink one!!!!