Monday, March 16, 2009

Planning

I'm a planner.  I like to get things on my calender early.  The appointment line drives me crazy (I'm sure it's mutual).  The line "Our doctor's calenders don't go out that far", drives me batty.  I am of the opinion that any appointment, doctor, dentist, hair or otherwise should be made at least a month in advance.  

You can imagine my stress when I discovered our county offers amazing day camps during the summer.  Registration started at 7:00 AM on March 7th.  I was there at 8:30, plans carefully laid so that no child's camp coincided with another.  I was thrilled when each application was accepted, money given, and receipts printed showing each of my children enrolled in their favorite camp activity.  

Gabe was beside himself to think of going to cooking camp, Ethan cartooning, and Sam Civil War camp.  Imagine my frustration when I opened the bulletin at church on Sunday and discovered the dates for VBS are totally in conflict with Ethan's camp.  I nearly flipped a lid when I figured out Sam's camp was the same week as our possible trip to the Outer Banks.  AGH!!!  I was ready to pull my hair out.  Am I a dork or what?!

In the car on the way to gymnastics I reasoned with the boys.  VBS and the beach are much more fun then any ol' camp (the same camps I was giving glowing reviews about last week, my poor children).  Ethan is still debating, Sam was happy to find another camp.  Thankfully when we got home my cousin had left a message that I had the dates wrong and Sam would indeed be able to go to camp and we would be able to go to the beach.  Ethan's still thinking so I haven't been able to "fix" that problem.  Now if the silly swim team would hurry up and post their summer schedule I would be in planning heaven!!

Am I the only one with full summer day planners in March?!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

you are a blog-a-holic for the past few days! Glad to hear your scheduling conflicts are working out... :)

Anonymous said...

No I prefer to ENJOY life vs stress over every thing that can or might go wrong. Some planning is fine, but going overboard is just ridiculous.