Friday, May 15, 2009

Random Musings

It's a random sort of day. Joel, Gabe and I are being lazy. It's wonderful. We started the day with this:



Greg and I LOVE this song (ya'll know we're from Kentucky, right?!). I heard it at the bus stop as I was dropping the boys off. When we're together Greg and I always roll down all the windows and sing at the top of our lungs. How can you not smile? (You don't have to watch the ENTIRE video, he goes on to introduce his band, etc).

On Sunday I'm turning 30. I cannot believe it. Where did my 20's go?? I swear I blinked and they were over. 30...WOW...!

On Wednesday, we had our ultrasound. Our baby is good, but something isn't quite right. We are anxiously awaiting scheduling a Level II ultrasound. As of right now we are not 100% sure if we are having a boy or a girl. I have been running through Psalm 139:13-16 a lot:

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of the came to be.

The good news is, heart, lungs, kidneys, stomach, etc, all seem to be in good working order. We will post more when we know more! We don't think this is a big deal, but please keep us in your prayers.

Lastly, I had the sweetest comment the other day from a gal named Lacey. So sweet! It made my day. Girl, if you are near Woodbridge we should get together!

4 comments:

Darby said...

Hey Heather... Praying for you and baby. Listening to the video right now.. makes me smile too!

Lodmell said...

Praying for things to go ok. I love that song too!

Anonymous said...

Thirty - you can't be thirty. I was thirty when you were born. Man what an old fart dad you have. If you think thirty came fast wait til you hit sixty. Oh, did I say hit? Reaching 30, getting to 40, making 50, hitting 60. Hope it's sliding into 70. Happy birthday - love dad.

Liz said...

Praying for you and the baby. And I LOVE that song...have you heard the story behind it? He wrote it when he was laid up on a couch when his back went out. Hang in there...and let us know how the US goes.