Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Still Unpacking...

I am so sorry I have been such a slug lately. Karen, Connie, and Sandy have been trying to get a hold of me, Darby asked where I've been, Shelley tagged me in a blog and I haven't responded to anyone, I feel so loved, and I will be responding soon!

Our house has been a whirlwind of activity. Greg flew in last Wednesday, I picked him up and we went straight to our inspection of the new house. On Thursday morning we had packers in first thing, to finish packing the things I hadn't gotten to, which wasn't much! Thursday afternoon we closed on our new house. That's a story all in itself! Let's just say I will NEVER use Remax! Our agents from Coldwell Banker were fabulous! Thursday night we did a few pre-move things and Friday the truck came to load us up. By Friday night (11 hours) later we were all unloaded and I was on my way to the airport to pick up my Mom. (Thanks Mom for coming out, you were a life saver!)

On Saturday morning Gabe broke out with spots all over his mouth, feet and hands...yep Hand, Foot and Mouth, AGAIN! Everything I've read says you usually only get it once, but Gabe's had it at least three times! Sunday night Greg threw out his back and Monday he started vomiting. He went to the emergency room and found out he had strep so he was out of commission for the next three days. It's been crazy! Thankfully we are starting to regain some normalcy. Our house is almost unpacked and we are starting to feel like we are "home". Sam LOVES his new school and our neighbors are wonderful. When the weather is nice the boys spend hours in the cul de sac playing with the other kids! Today is Greg's last day at the Army Test and Evaluation Center; tomorrow he checks in at the Major's course on Belvoir. We are really looking forward to some calm, relaxed summer days here in Woodbridge!

I'll post more soon, including our day yesterday when we met the REAL ELMO and ROSITA! It was SOOOOO cool!

4 comments:

~ Uncle Sam's Family, Est. September 1994 ~ said...

Glad to hear you're still alive.... I was beginning to wonder if you had gone into hiding! :-) Please, please, please call me if you need anything at all!!! Hope everyone is feeling better...

Karen said...

Okay, I think your month has been crazier than mine! Glad that you are all moved in. Man, you need to go to med school with all those sick men in your house!

Spurlock Crew said...

Man...when you guys get sick you all get sick!! I thought you were moving cause I hadn't seen an update in a while. Sounds hectic...

We just got back from vaca at Hilton Head. Kristin is well and growing:) Tell Greg I said hi and to have fun at ILE...hehe

Anonymous said...

Sounds like craziness in the new Spencer house. You guys had to break it in with all the illnesses. haha! Email me whenever you get a chance. I'll miss you at our wedding in a few weeks!! ~ Love, Sandy