Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Baby Kiwi....who knew....

The boys and I love going to Trader Joe's. We went on Sunday afternoon and we always immediately head back to the "taste" section, as we like to call it. Most days they have almost an entire meal there and Sunday was no exception. They had Chicken Parmesan, vegetables, blackberries, juice, cookies, and Baby Kiwi. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Well we hadn't and we were all a little hesitant to try them. They looked like little tiny (non furry) watermelons. Being the good mother I am (note the sarcasm), I was the King's tester, there was no way I was "popping it in my mouth like a grape" as the women behind the counter instructed, but I did take a little nibble. YUM. They are so good. They have little hard ends on them so I still can not imagine just throwing a few back, but if you cut them off I think they very well maybe one of my new favorite fruits. The boys LOVED them and insisted we buy a pack. At about $.40 a kiwi, we only bought one pack but we sure enjoyed them yesterday!

Baby Kiwi

Don't they look like cute little watermelons?!

See really is Kiwi inside....

I was a total sucker and bought every sample item they had, including the juice! Here was our dinner last night. So yummy, can you believe, TWO of my children went to bed at 6:15 because they were refusing to eat! Silly children!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Baby kiwi- I want to try some now! Cute pic of Joel. I love his eyes.

So, I was thinking about you with your cruise post. Jason and I just WON a cruise to Mexico or the Bahamas. Alas, we can't go due to pregnancy and then having a newborn. (We only have a year to use the certificate.) So, we gave the cruise away to his parents. It PAINS me. I am trying to console myself with the fact that we wouldn't have had the best rooms, since it was a promotional win. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Yum. Your dinner looks wonderful! I wish I was there to eat the food the boys didn't want! Silly kids!

N