Sunday, April 13, 2008

Worth Fighting For

In the last couple months I have learned of 3 couples (the girls I knew from high school) who are getting divorced. This makes me so sad. I know I got married knowing it would be forever, and I know Greg felt the same way. I am thankful that my children first learned about divorce on the movie "Enchanted", in front of us, so that we could explain that Mommy and Daddy would never ever get divorced, that it's something they don't need to be scared of. I love that at the end of "Enchanted" (which did I mention is my favorite movie) that the couple gets back together and realizes that you can't hold on to the bad times, you have to remember the good ones.

Greg and I's marriage has not been the easiest but through it all we've fought for each other. There is a new song on the radio by Warren Barfield called "Love is Not a Fight". I love it! Great words. It's funny, Nancy and I were at TJ Maxx the other day and the song "100 Years" came on by Five for Fighting. I mentioned how I really liked the song and that the words always made me tear up a little. Nancy also said she liked the song but had never listened to the words. Sometimes I think it's a curse, but I hear every word in every song and give me two listens and I can sing it for you. It's crazy! This video is not the real music video of the song, but it does show you the words. It's worth a listen:



I love the visual image of angels guarding the door. I know they've guarded ours!!

5 comments:

A Walk In Time Photography said...

You are a blessing! I every once in a while take a gander at your blog and want you to know today I had tears! I needed that song and I guess I don't get out much but I haven't heard it. I hope things are going well and you,Greg, and the boys are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep bloging!

Anonymous said...

Yes, what an absolutely wonderful song it is my dear daughter. There is a lot of wisdom in those words. And, in you too.

Karen said...

Are you trying to make me cry? Yes, when they say, "for better, for worse", the "worse" can be really bad! Anything worth having is definitely worth fighting for...

Anonymous said...

I knew I liked the song! ;) Thanks for posting that... I'm glad I got to read what that song was all about (not just a pretty tune)- great message!

N

Anonymous said...

Wow, that song is powerful, it gace me goose bumps. Thanks for sharing it.