Saturday, January 03, 2009

How to Get a Fantastic Christmas Picture

A lot of people have asked me how it was possible to get a good Christmas picture with four ornery little boys. It's actually easier then you think!

First I highly recommend Children's Place:


I managed to get all the boys "tops" for under $90!! And don't they look cute! I must confess I steal clothing ideas off of manikins. I'm the poster child for "What Not to Wear" and would pass my dorkiness onto my children if not for Store Marketing!

Second you need a fantastic photographer. Here's mine:


Third a nice camera:


Fourth, this super awesome tripod:

Plus it doubles as a kid's play toy when not being used for photography! The boys make it into al sorts of creative things.

Fifth, super handsome subject matter:


Sixth, PATIENCE and I mean A LOT OF IT!!! We probably took 100 pictures that day. For our family, saying "PICKLES" instead of "CHEESE", seems to help in inducing award winning smiles.

Seventh: Having a graphic designer in the family never hurts! Thanks little bro!!

Just hoping next years photo turns out as good as this one! Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy New Year to you, and cute post!

xox