Friday, January 23, 2009

Monster Trucks

Back in December we received a catalog from Oriental Trading Company. Gabe had NO idea what kind of party he wanted to have so I had him flip through to aid in his decision. He decided on a Monster Truck theme. I have to say I was a little surprised. Last year we did Finding Nemo (also his choosing), where has my little boy gone. Fish to gigantic car killing trucks seems very drastic.

For each child's birthday I try to make a special cake to go along with their theme. I'm certainly no pro but once again I'm delighted with how things turned out. Normally I don't let the boys see their cakes until the day of, but I simply did not have the time to make this cake while Gabe was sleeping. Gabe is thrilled with the results, check them out:


Excuse his messy face! He enjoyed a lot of icing. More B-day pics to come, stay tuned!!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Is it graham cracker for the dirt? It looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

I luuuuv the Partridge Family bus. I know Gabe's party will be spectacular.

Love Dad

Sarahbeth said...

oh i love it! Great idea!

J, H, I, C, and G said...

That cake looks bomb.

Anonymous said...

Heather, you're so creative. You rock!

Karla

Nancy said...

Oh what fun the party was! Great food, company... what more could you ask for! Thanks for having us!!! I'll send my photos over today...

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Gabe! It seems like yesterday that your mommy was sending out your newborn photos. Now, you are quite the little man. So cute!

Heather, the cake is awesome! You put all us moms who try to frantically remember to BUY a cake to shame.