Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bottoms Up


Gabe has been potty trained for almost a year, so imagine my frustration when he recently began having poopy accidents in his underwear.  I get so frustrated with him.  I know he knows better but he just waits way to long.

This afternoon he came up the stairs to deliver his dreadful news "Mommy, I pooped in my pants".  I was even more frustrated with him because he had attempted to clean up after himself and had gotten some poo under his fingernails.  VOMIT.

Upon noticing the nails he could tell I was getting frustrated.  

"Mommy" he said in an exasperated little voice.  "It's not my fault, it's Sam and Ethan's fault".  
"Gabe" I said, "how could this possibly be your brothers fault, only you can make yourself poop in your pants"  
To which he replied, rather seriously I might add, "When they make me laugh it makes my bottom open"

Now how can you argue with that?!


6 comments:

Darby said...

Ok, that made me laugh out loud! Bless your heart... pregnant and scraping poop out of fingernails! I'm so sorry! But it was a hilarious story!

Karen said...

I know as soon as I laugh, karma will come back to bite me and Faith will be doing the same thing!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...thank you for making me laugh today! I needed that. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes!

Karla

Sarahbeth said...

That is FUNNY! And know what else is funny? I had to get poop out of a toddler's fingernails yesterday too! And today I have a picture of a baby bottom on my blog. kind of spooky. . .

Anonymous said...

I almost spit my coffee across the room reading this. Way, way, too funny. Also too much logical reasoning in that house. Me thinks it comes from their mother. She always had a good answer for everything when she was little. Her mother says she still does.
Love you - Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I need to read your blog more regularly... this post made me crack up!! ha ha! I can see one of MY kids saying that!
~Missie, or Mindy, as the case may be :)