Saturday, February 21, 2009

Number Five is Alive



Do ya'll remember that movie?? Growing up we LOVED Short Circuit. To this day my boys associate that movie with my parents house. "We want to watch the Robot Movie" is one of their first requests...followed by the quote (from the movie of course) "Your Mother was a Snow Blower"!! (lovely, huh?!)

If you haven't seen it, it's a pretty cute movie (all though I do remember being shocked by a few wirty dords that the boys didn't pick up on).

Well all this to say, the tag line from this movie kept floating through my mind yesterday as I saw this:



"NUMBER FIVE IS ALIVE!!" (I know how corny am I)

We found out on January 16th that we are going to be having another baby. We welcomed the news but wanted to wait a little before spilling the beans. On Thursday I had my first appointment. The nurse tried to find the heartbeat but all we could hear was my heartbeat which was deafening when you desperately want to hear a little one. Yesterday I met with my doctor and he got out the ultrasound machine. It took way longer then it seemed like it should have but sure enough after a minute or two, a HEARTBEAT!! We are thrilled.

We told the boys this morning and their general consensus is that we should have a girl. Of course we are hopeful to have some pink and some "dolls to shoot" (Sam's exact words) but I know we will love a little boy just as much.

Please pray for us as we begin yet another chapter in our parenting lives. I will be ten weeks on Wednesday. My babies have all been born at 37-38 weeks which means I have about 28 weeks to prepare for our new bundle of joy!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congrats Heather. I'm so excited for y'all. Let's think pink! I'm praying you'll have a healthy and easy pregnancy.
You should be a pro at this by now. :)

Love ya,
Karla

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats!!! :) If you do have a girl, you'll have to change the name of your blog! :) hee hee
Blessings~
Missie Gautsch

Darby said...

Praise the LORD! I am rejoicing with you and celebrating this PRECIOUS gift!! Are you feeling ok?

Lodmell said...

Yeah!! I am so excited for you and keeping my fingers crossed for a girl. She would be so lucky to have 4 big brothers to watch over her!
How are you feeling?

Liz said...

Wow ongrats!!! Very exciting...but I have to say you are a brave woman ;) Praying for the lil bean and some PINK :)

Nancy said...

Yeah Heather! What lucky Spencer Boys to have another friend added to the mix! I am so excited for you, and can't believe we get to be pregnant together again!!!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Mandy Guss said...

Congratulations! I'm hoping for a daughter for you and a sister that your boys can be over protective of. :) Regardless, I'm sure this baby will be well-loved by many.

J, H, I, C, and G said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you and Greg. What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I've got to get over and build those bunks beds now. And, maybe paint a room pink. How exciting either way. Love you - dad.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the exciting news. May your pregnancy be smooth and easy!
Looking forward to seeing you on Friday
Crystal

Sarahbeth said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!!!!!!! (and I think it's so funny that your boys like Short Circuit. I pulled that up a couple of weeks ago for the kids, and decided I must have been allowed to watch the "tv version" when I was a kid. Good thing they didn't catch on.

Karen said...

What wonderful news! If it is a boy, how exciting to have another one to watch grow into a strong Spencer Man. If it is a girl, she will be a princess. (And probably won't be able to date with 4 big brothers to watch over her!)

I am going to have to find a copy of Short Circuit. I don't remember all the innuendos. Haven't seen it since I was 10 though! (But is it just me or does #5 resemble WALL-E?) "Number 5 is alive"- toooo cute!