Friday, March 07, 2008

Curl Up and Dye

My sister and I are trying to get out of the salon hair color business. It is so expensive and who has time to go to the salon every 6-8 weeks and sit for a couple of hours?? Together we have been exploring at home options. Every time I go to Target I make the boys peruse the hair color aisle with me, they actually consider this to be a lot of fun, as they love touching all the little hair samples! (I remember doing this as a kid.....ah passing down traditions....)

On 15 February, a mere 3 weeks ago, I had my hair colored "back" to it's "natural" color. I'm not sure if that's completely accurate as I'm sure no hair color manufacturer in their right mind would come out with "Ugly Mousy Brown". Anywho, I had it colored a really pretty brown, color 5N to be exact with just a few face framing highlights. Now the colorist did warn me that the color would fade "some" but assured me it would take at least 6-8 weeks. I think that girl had been inhaling to much hair color, because my hair is fading quickly!

Which brings me back to my Target story. After spending an excruciating 15 minutes in the hair color aisle the boys were restless, the paint brush hair samples had lost their appeal and I had given up, but as I turned the corner I found the clearance color on the end cap. Have you ever noticed that Target is a little misleading with those red tags?! I'm fairly certain that I only save 10-25 cents on clearance items but I sure do snatch them up! SO long story short I stumbled upon a color glaze by Clairol.



I was excited to "boost my color and shine" in just five minutes. Perfect I thought and all this for just $5!!! Now that's a price I can live with, that is until I noticed, when I got home no less, that the silly glaze only last through SIX washes. WHAT?!! So your telling me I'm going to have to do this at least once a week?!! UGHHH.....the beauty industry has me again. My search continues....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post, nice title, writing... Very funny. Have a great night!

N

Karen said...

I think you DESERVE to pamper yourself every 6-8 weeks! Maybe ask the sylist for a "color shine"... I think that is supposed to not be so noticeable when it grows out. I haven't colored my hair in years, so I don't remember much!

Anonymous said...

I'm tagging you for your next blog entry:

How long have you been together?
How long did you date?
How old is he?
Who eats more?
Who said "I love you" first?
Who is taller?
Who sings better?
Who is smarter?
Who does the laundry?
Who does the dishes?
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Who pays the bills?
Who mows the lawn?
Who cooks dinner?
Who is more stubborn?
Who kissed who first?
Who asked who out?
Who proposed?
Who is more sensitive?
Who has more friends?
Who has more siblings?

xox

N