Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Still Alive

We are still alive, but still GROSS!!  I spent the day recleaning everything.  I bleached and lysoled pretty much everything I could get my hands on.

Greg is on round three of the pukies, last nights was by far the worst and landed him in the ER.  Sam threw up on Sunday night and is now running a fever.  Today was the first day Joel didn't have diarrhea after every meal (on a positive note, I finally figured out how to spell diarrhea, I'd say that's an accomplishment).  I went to school today to get Sam's homework and his teacher told me that almost half of the class is out, three vomited in class yesterday alone!! Ethan and Gabe are thankfully feeling much better.  

Pray for our little family, I'm weary of the yucks and today my van doors stopped opening and my odometer is gone, I'm not pulling my hair out yet, but I may be bald if this craziness continues.  Right now I'm just thankful the Lord has given me an extra dose of patience and a sense of humor these last two weeks.  I've managed to only have one minor melt down, which was actually this morning.

Hope to be posting new pictures soon, stay tuned!

7 comments:

Darby said...

I hope everyone gets well soon... being sick is no fun and the pukies are the worst!! Hugs to all..

The Akin Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Akin Family said...

you seem like you have been doing great considering the circumstances. i guess in a weird way ya'll are getting some family bonding time in! can't wait to see some pics! love you!

Kay Sue said...

Parenthood is a humiliating experience! After all, when else would your chief accomplishment of the day be that you learned to spell diarrhea!!!!!

Love you,

MOM

Karen said...

I am going to continue to pray that you stay healthy! It's hard enough being a mom when you are feeling GREAT. I think you definitely deserve a "get-a-way" once everyone is better! Hang in there!
What did Joel's doc say?

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are dealing with all this on your own... let me know if there is anything I can do to help- I wish I would have brought some of our left overs from the huge amount of food we had left over after the WWP dinner!

N

Anonymous said...

LOL, I just had to look up how to spell diarrhea myself. I was sure the h came before the r's, I was wrong. Hope your family is better