Friday, March 14, 2008

The Samers


This is what I woke up to on Valentine's Day!
How sweet, especially since Greg was out of town!


This is a diorama of sorts. He meticulously set the whole thing up the night before and I was instructed to not enter the toy room until Valentine's Day morning. I especially like the tank. I'm a sucker for tankers....(wink, wink, Greg).

Sam's Valentine's Mailbox. Didn't he (we) do a great job on it? I know it's hard core, laugh all you want, but I decoupaged tissue paper onto the box, then we cut out the letters and shapes on my Cricut Machine and then put a final layer of Decoupage medium over the whole thing. Trust me I tried easier method but they did not work and honestly Decoupaging is EASY, ask my girlfriend Connie how many "Days Until Daddy Comes Home" Blackboards I've made!!


Well since I spent some time bragging on Ethan I thought today I would talk up Sam. My sweet Samers. I am so lucky to have such wonderful children. The Bible Study I spoke of yesterday had about a trillion charts to fill out that would help us understand our kiddos better. Here are some things I listed for Sam:

- Bright
- Good at math
- A thinker
- Obedient
- Great musical ear
- Good memory
- Creative
- Caregiver
- Neat
- Shares easily
- Loves learning about the Lord
- Saves his money
- Helper
- Leads the "play" around the house
- Intent on learning everything about a given subject

Sam is such a special kid. I will always treasure his little toothless grin in my heart. I can't wait to watch him grow and mature into an amazing man. I pray for all my boys daily and pray for the special woman they will one day marry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never got to see your Valentine box. It's beautiful. I thought we were going to get some side by side comparisons of what the other shmucks sent their kids with. I know I know, this is not about one kids project/box being better than anothers... Clearly, it's about one parent being better than another. Let's be honest. One point for Heather Spencer. ;)

N