Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Poor Baby....


The other night I walked in to find Ethan sleeping like this. This picture is actually taken in the dark with the flash on. Poor kid he fell asleep on top of the covers and was freezing. He was as tight as a little ball, trying to stay warm.

Ethan is a special gift from the Lord. He lives out loud and you rarely have to ask what's on his mind. At the moment I'm doing an amazing Bible Study called "Raising Responsive Children" by Judy Rossi. It hasn't yet been published, but will be soon and Judy is leading us through the study. What an awesome opportunity. This week we focused on our children's personalities. I was very convicted that I didn't really know my children (which the more experienced Mom's assured me was very normal in the stage of life we are in). All though a little discouraging I did start to look for all of the wonderful unique parts of each of their personalities. Fast forward that to yesterday when I was doing dishes. Ethan has just discovered a new love for drying pots and I figured why not take that love a step further to putting them away. As I continued to do dishes I could hear his grunts of frustration finally ending in an ecstatic little cheer. That sweet little boy had rearranged the pots and turned and twisted them until he had them all in their perfectly. I was so proud.

Love ya Ethan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HENAN!! He is so precious! I have always LOVED his outgoing personality!

-Love you henan!- Nina

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest/saddest picture ever. LITTLE HEEENAN!!! GET UNDER THE COVERS!!!! Poor little freezing baby . . .afkl;hfkhsafhlfafds

Anonymous said...

Aww... Ethan. You've gotta love the pictures like that where he looks so darn little. Sweet boy. We had fun today-

Favorite Ethan moment:

(When launching off rockets in the park)

"I LOVE the noise!!!" (of the engine firing and the rocket blasting)

You should have seen his eyes dancing when the first rocket took off.

So sweet.

N