Sunday, June 08, 2008

I miss Lakeside :0(

I grew up working at a wonderful pool. Lakeside Swim Club is an amazing facility. It truly makes me sad to think about my boys growing up and not going there. I love that place. Lakeside is like no other "pool" on the planet. Originally a rock quarry, Lakeside Swim Club sits on over 2.5 acres and is enclosed on two sides by 40 foot cliffs. Every year it takes 3.2 million gallons of water to fill the quarry. It is an amazing club that runs like clock work. I loved working there, the people there are like family to me. I have never been to another club that has a staff that works as hard and as professionally as those at Lakeside, anywho...enough trecking down memory lane. Lakeside isn't here in Northern VA, but we still had a great time going to the pool for the first time this summer. The boys, as always, had a blast!

Joel wasn't sure at first, but then decided he LOVED the water.

Ethan's eyes ALWAYS get so red from the chlorine. Poor guy it hurts me just to look at them!

Sam is such a goof ball. What a crazy grin. I think by the end of the summer that grin will be a lot bigger. His two bottom teeth are getting rather loose! Poor kid, I'm not sure he will be able to eat with 6 teeth gone!

The Gabers! Doesn't he look so cute in his Buzz Lightyear towel. I got it for $1.00 two summers ago and it has been a huge hit. I wish I could find more towels like this. I have some for the other boys that go over their heads but I love how this one also has arm holes and is open in the front.

Poor Pitiful Boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you that horror story about a Mom in my class who wrapped her little girl up after the pool in a towel (arms pinned to her sides) and she ended up tripping (not being able to stop herself because her arms were pinned!!!) and knocking out her front 4 teeth, right? Yikes! I love that towel Gabe has... I'm on a mission...

N