Friday, November 16, 2007

Club Foot -A deformity that is a combination of talipes equinus and talipes varus, marked by a plantar-flexed, inverted, and adducted foot.

Most of you probably know that Ethan was born with a club foot. When he was born I was devastated to learn that he had a "deformity". Looking back, I'm not sure why I was so upset. I suppose hind site truly is 20/20. If someone had told me five years ago that I would have a son doing this, I would have never believed them (he's wild isn't he?!):




Ethan's club foot has never held him back. This week we went to his yearly orthopedic appointment and the doctor was still fairly happy with where he was. Ethan has been complaining about not being able to hop on his left foot. The doc said the foot was slightly tighter probably because of a recent growth spurt. She showed us a few exercises I can do with him. If the foot does continue to tighten they will put us in for some PT and if that doesn't work we will go back to a month of casts and possibly minor surgery. She didn't seemed too concern so I'm pretty optimistic that the exercises at home will work.

I still need to post about his birthday....I'll get around to that next.

Happy Weekend, my Mommy and Daddy are coming...YEAH!!!

8 comments:

Shepherd Fam said...

That is some of the best (and happiest) dancing I've ever seen. He's amazing!! :)

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I haven't been on here very much because blogs are bannedat work, but I wanted to let you know that you have the cutest four boys EVER (except for Timmy Ryan of course) that made great Spidermen for Halloween. I don't know how you keep up with all four of them...you're my hero! Anyway, it's great to catch up on the Spencer house news. we'll be in VA at Christmas, though I imagine you will be in KY around that time. We need to get back together and catch up!

Kim Decker

Darby said...

Ok, what the heck is that other comment??? Anyway, "Go Ethan GO!!" What an awesome little dancer he is! Heather, have so much fun with your parents this weekend and soak it all up!!

Anonymous said...

Ethan- Even though it's the second time I have seen that video (wink) it is amazing! You are very talented. Ask your Mom to show you some video of people break dancing online and I bet you will get lots of new ideas for next time you're shakin' your stuff. Can't wait to see you for Turkey Day!

xox

Miss Duh-nancy

N

Spurlock Crew said...

I don't know if I ever told you guys, but my sister has club foot. Much more severe than Ethan's from what ti sounds like...she's had bones in her ankle fused together and the whole nine yards. Know what you're going through, though:)

Brooke & The Boys said...

Coming from a dance teacher, Ethan you have some seriously good dance moves! Keep it up!
p.s. Heather, I just now noticed you signed our blog! Sorry for the delay, I don't check the blog often! What cute boys you have!

Love
Brooke (McCulloch) Mihalek

Anonymous said...

I can distinguish that you are an dab hand at your acreage! I am launching a website promptly, and your dope determination be very fruitful representing me.. Thanks someone is concerned all your relieve and wishing you all the success.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]

Anonymous said...

I can descry that you are an crackerjack at your clearing! I am launching a website willingly, and your information will be bloody profitable proper for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]