Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Am I the only one in the dark ages?

I'm a big fan of Erika's blog urbangraceinteriors.typepad.com.  Most of the time she updates everyday and a ton of her blog is very useful.

Today I was enlightened.  Today she introduced me to Google Reader!  Am I the only one who's never heard of this before?  Basically all I had to do was find Google Reader, using google of course and then put in all the addresses of the blogs (or other websites) that I check often (a little P.S. Nancy, it wouldn't take a babysite website so I'm thinkin' you should switch to blogger!!).  Now whenever anyone updates their blog Google Reader will tell me.  No more clicking on links going through each and every blog to see who's updated AND seeing as how I love stats (I was going to get my Masters in Social Statistics had I not met and fallen madly in love with G) it will even tell me some stats on how often people update.  I LOVE IT!!  Very cool.


3 comments:

Karen said...

Let there be light! I was in the dark ages too! Can't wait to see Greg...

Lodmell said...

I didn't know about this either, how cool!!

Anonymous said...

welcome to 2008! I'm so glad you were enlightened by my blog! Isn't Reader fabulous. I'd recommend setting your homepage IGoogle... you can customize it, easily access your email, google reader will update there too, etc. I discovered Google Reader thru this video which is simple enough for someone in the dark ages. you should share this with your readers (when you open the link - click to play) http://www.commoncraft.com/rss_plain_english