Friday, January 18, 2008

Close, but no cigar?



Okay, every time I talk about this subject, I feel like no matter what I say I need to follow it up with "no pun intended".

So Gabe has had some success with pooping and peeing again. Earlier in the week I was to the point of strangling someone. He had pooped in his pants everyday for over a week. I was determined to not give up but there is only so much a girl can take. Finally a couple of days ago, I put him back in a diaper. He keeps his underwear dry AND keeps his diaper dry, I just figured if he was going to continue to have poop accidents I might as well save myself the headache and backache of doing about a million loads of laundry to keep up with his "issue".

On Wednesday he came running to me and told me he had to poop, YEAH!!! He successfully used the potty to poop on Wednesday, Thursday and today. Because of this he got his long awaited Potty Car!! YEAH!!! I have been so proud, I thought we had really turned a corner, something finally clicked, and then today he gets DIARRHEA, and fills his underwear again. Poor guy, I can't be mad at him, but I think you all may hear me screaming if he poops in his pants again. So for today we are back in diapers, I guess we will try again another day. I haven't given up hope yet.

5 comments:

Lodmell said...

So frustrating...
In about two months we are going to be about 45 minuted away from you all. I would love to get together. My brother graduation from Quantico will be on March
28th.

Lodmell said...

ok.. so I didn't finish typing. Potty training is so frustrating. Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

Happy pooping Gabe! You're doing great... keep trying!!!

N

Karen said...

Go Gabe! Do those Pull Ups that look like boxers work?

Anonymous said...

i hope this blog is archived far, far away when gabe turns 16 and has a girlfriend, because if she is googling the world wide web for "gabe spencer" what she finds might embarrass your little guy!
HA!
erika