Saturday, January 19, 2008

Extreme Toy Room Makeover

Okay, I know I have been saying I am going to post pictures of our new bedroom, but it's not quite ready, these things take time!! All I have left to do is get glass cut for our bedside tables so stay tuned!

In other decorating news we have been diligently working on our toy room. That stupid room actually brought me to tears this week, silly I know, but I couldn't handle the chaos any longer. Greg and I spent all day cleaning, organizing and throwing things out. Here are some pics of the finished results. I'm very proud!

I have always loved this IKEA piece but it was hard for the kids to keep organized. Now with our picture labels it should be a lot easier. Sam loves the new system. I hope it works!

The table area, complete with calender and alphabet chart.


The curtains from my house in KS work well in the toy room. I like them because they were cheap panels that I hot glued fabric on too. I think the plaid adds a kind of whimsy to the room. I stole the curtain rod/art display from another friend. I think it's a great way to show off the kids art work. I think I need another one though to make it look complete.


A close up of our labels, cute huh?!

So what do you guys think?

4 comments:

Darby said...

Can you come to my toy room... please? There's no IKEA in sight and I'm in desperate need! What's the word on all that snow... did it stick?

Anonymous said...

I'm in LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! It's everything I hoped it would be! ;) I was actually thinking about your toy room the other day (I might have been dreaming about it... A sign that we talk too much?!?) Anyway... you pulled the finished product right out of my brain. Great Job guys!!!! I also thought of a few of those large plastic tubs (with the white rope handles) for under the windows to put big stuff in that does not fit smaller baskets??? Looks like everything has a place right now though!

N

Karen said...

Come organize my house now!

Anonymous said...

hello martha,
where did you come up with those "photo" labels? great for kids who can't read yet - i'm simply amazed!
can't wait to see the bedroom!!
xoxo
e