Wednesday, October 01, 2008

If you wanna be a grump that's okay....

As you know from yesterday, Gabe was a little sickly. He had diarrhea all day but by dinner it seemed to be firming up (I know WAY too much information, this post is only going to get worse...if you have a weak stomach you may want to stop reading now!). At dinner I let him have a banana and dry lucky charms.

When I went to bed at 10:30, everyone was snug in their beds, the house was picked up and I was ready to get a good nights sleep. At 11:15 Gabe busted in my bedroom covered head to toe in pink vomit (courtesy of the PowerAid he had had at 3:oopm). I got him in the shower and then dared to enter the sick room. OH it was one of the worst ever. There was vomit EVERYWHERE. I don't think anything that he ate from lunch on had even begun to digest. Thankfully I have this:

I love, love this washer/dryer. We agonized for weeks over what kind to get but I love my LG's. I do laundry in literally half the time. Anywho...I shoved all those pukey blankets...yes still covered...straight into that washer. My girlfriend Connie once told me..."Just put everything in there, it's a whole lot easier to pick out chunks after you know they are clean". Boy is she ever right and often there is nothing left to actually "pick out" after a good thorough was and extra rinse cycle. I need to go see where I stand with those sheets today...I have a good mind to just wash them again before I even try to see the "damage".

Okay are you about to ralph?! Time to change the subject...

Since I didn't really get to sleep until 1 AM, I didn't stumble out of bed until 7:30. This meant no shower, I look rather rough. I feel sorry for my poor neighbors at the bus stop! In honor of today and the inevitable grumpiness I thought I would post one of my favorite kid songs. ENJOY:



Here are my handsome boys giving me their best grumpy face:




Here's hoping for a better day today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, my heart goes out to you. Sounds like you had to go to MOPP Level 4 to clean poor Gabe's room out! Wish we lived closer so we could have the men watch the kids and we could get a much deserved spa day/martini.

You're still my (and Jason's) hero!

Anonymous said...

Ugh- Sorry you had a crappy night. Hope today is better. I do live closer, so maybe I can stand in for the spa/martini karen mentioned... ;)

N

Kay Sue said...

Those are the most handsome "grouchy" boys I have ever seen!!!!!

Love

GIGI