Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tim Gunn...where are you when I need you!

**Since no one wants to insult me by commenting...I've added a new survey!  Answer away anonymously in the comfort of your home.**

I used to consider myself fairly trendy. Recently I have been watching the high schoolers walk home from school and quickly learned that I am no longer even remotely trendy.

On Monday I went to Nordstram's Rack (which I LOVE) and purchased these:

They are super comfy, they are "Privo" which I guess is an off shoot of Clarks. I only paid $40 which I think is a great deal but here is my question...are they cool? Would you wear them? I must say the picture doesn't totally do them justice but after four children, 8 years of marriage and basically being locked in my house all day long I have totally lost my sense of coolness. I really have wanted to get a pair of oh so trendy flats but I can't find any I really like and I am really concerend about having cold tootsies. I hate cold feet. I need some advice PLEASE HELP!!

6 comments:

Tim and Anna said...

Mom and I like the shoes!! Way cute with jeans and a sweater for Winter. Plus way comfy!

P.S. We tried making a comment yesterday but it wouldn't work, so that might be why you haven't gotten any comments. Or we might be completely out of style as well.

Love you lots!!

Nina and Gigi

Karen said...

I'm so glad you posted about shoes! I LOVE and adore shoes. (Remember the shoe shopping spree I had at Dillards?) My friend, Jana, and I were just remembering our life before kids: we had PAYING jobs, and always the newest style of shoes. We never had to worry about stumbling, Britney Spears style- carrying kids and wearing ridiculous shoes. We longed for the newest peek-a-boo pumps, kitten heels, healed boots... I sometimes walk into my closet to just stare at my (now out-dated) shoes.
So, I think it's FABULOUS that you found shoes that Tim Gunn would tell you had "form and function." They look great, and it's a plus they are comfortable too! But. more important than what we think, how do the shoes make you feel? Do you feel fabulous when you step into them? Do they put a little pep in your step?
Sitting here wearing my sock-monkey slippers,
Karen

Hilliard Family said...

Some of us might comment if we had a clue what was in style these days. I cannot think of the last time I bought cute shoes that were an adult size. Too busy buying them for the kids. (I also tried to comment yesterday and it didn't work.) I do like them. But I'm probably not the best judge.

Sarahbeth said...

I like them! I know exactly what you mean when you talk about your sense of what's cool. I have one really cool, (really young) friend who helps me sometimes. I'm about to buy some Land's End All-Terrain Janes as my staple winter shoe. Not exactly cool, but maybe for a mom of 4. . .

Anonymous said...

Wow- votes for, "You need more than Tim Gunn to save you from yourself?!?!" haha- that's harsh Heather!

N

Cheryl said...

I love them, says the girl who wears Dansko's everytime I think I can get away with them, so take it with a grain of salt but I say wear them proudly!
Cheryl