Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Praying for Rob


Rob is the handsome stud on the left.  He is an amazing man, father and soldier.  Rob was Greg's XO in Iraq.  We have a special place in our hearts for Rob.  About 24 hours ago Rob stepped on a land mine in Afghanistan and is clinging to life.  Thinking about it makes my teeth chatter and my body shake.  Please pray for Rob, for his wife Dena, and their two little girls. God is big, he is the Great Physician.  Moments before I found out about Rob the boys and I were singing this song:

I am a wounded soldier, but I will not leave the fight, 
Because the great physician is healing me
So I'm standing in the battle in the armor of his might
Because his mighty power is real in me

I am loved, I am accepted
By the Savior of my Soul
I am loved, I am accepted
And my wounds will be made whole.

Kind of ironic, huh...Pray any time you think of it, I know because of this studly soldier face on the right...

...that prayers do work and that even the most impossible injuries can be recovered from.  Greg and I are off to drown the day in chocolate...

5 comments:

Darby said...

Heather. I will pray for Rob as I pray for Ty {who was hit in the head by a bullet in Afganistan a week ago}...
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tyedwards

He's the son of an old co-worker.

I'm sad with you and always reminded of the sacrifice these men make... not only being away from their families but giving their LIVES.

Hugs to you and Greg tonight!

erika said...

praying... praying hard. keep us updated. always grateful for the sacrifice!
love,
e

~ Uncle Sam's Family, Est. September 1994 ~ said...

We are praying! Please, please, please let me know if you need anything or if we can help the family in any way. My heart is with you today, my friend.

Anonymous said...

We are praying here in Texas and I know God will wrap his hands around the Yllescas family. Please let me know if they set up a caring bridge site.

Hannah (for the rest of us) said...

We prayed for Rob last night and this morning. Please let us know of any updates from his family as to how he is doing.