Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rock the Vote

I'm sure most of you are not shocked that I will be voting for McCain...so it is no surprise that we jumped on the opportunity to go to his rally this weekend.

We showed up to this:
There was no way we were standing in a line five to six people deep and at least a mile long. It was cool to show the kids a little bit of history (It reminded me of the time my Nana grabbed her kids and ran them down to the airport to shake {I believe} Truman's hand, my Dad still remembers it and he was a wee little thing at the time.)

When we stopped to take this picture we could hear the crowd chanting "Sarah, Sarah, Sarah". I hear she wasn't actually there (she was preparing for SNL!) but it was still cool to hear!

Of course the road to the rally had a few Obama supporters along the way. These signs were kind of clever even if I don't agree with them:
There was another guy next to him also claiming to be a plumber.

Lastly this car was in front of us as we were driving home:

People put crazy stuff on their cars....all though if you know who get into office I might be printing some of these myself ;0)

Enough....about politics....but either way go VOTE!

P.S. Go read my last post about my new nephew!!

2 comments:

Shawni said...

I'm just jealous of all those gorgeous leaves lining the streets. Oh man I miss Virginia so much!

Anonymous said...

YIKES, oh no my dear daughter!!! it was EISENHOWER not Truman. I'd never shake the hand of a Democrat. Just kidding. Love Dad