Sunday, October 23, 2011

Abby is 1!

Every time I look at Abby I want to pinch myself. It is so hard to believe that the Lord blessed us with a beautiful baby girl! Every day she grows more and more and everyday I feel like she is becoming a mini me. Love it!

On September 9, 2010, Abby turned 1. On September 7, 2010, my dear sweet Aunt Judy unexpectedly went to be with the Lord. I had planned on having a little party for Abby but when we got the news of my aunts passing we quickly packed and made plans to head to Ohio to be with my family. Abby still had a few fun things for her special day.

Turning 1 is exhausting!

When I turned 1 my Grandma Hershman and Mom had this sweet little glass platter for my cake. I guess Abby was hoping to still find a little something from that cake 30 years before!

Still licking.

I think she is the most beautiful girl on the planet!

We celebrated Abby's birthday with our friends the Taylors at the Original Steakhouse in Woodbridge. Every Wednesday, kids eat free which makes this place an amazing deal for us. Any time we can feed our entire family at a nice restaurant for less then $30 we jump on it!

The birthday girl!

Another awesome perk of the Original Steakhouse is their "Birthday Sundae". HUGE, delicious and FREE!! Love that place!

On Abby's actual birthday I made chocolate chip cookies. Sadly I didn't have any cake mix, pathetic I know. I think she was pretty thrilled with the cookies!

With her adoring fans! I think she is telling Sam to back off and not eat her cookie. She gets that from me too, I DO NOT share food.

Opening presents! My kids are late walkers, 15 months is our average. I love this picture of her standing on unsteady legs to get a better look at her birthday gifts!

Checking everything out.

Abby's birthday wasn't exactly how I planned it but I think she still had a really nice time. Can't wait to show you guys the pictures from her 2nd birthday! Stay tuned!!

No comments: