Sunday, October 16, 2011

Memorial Day 2010

So I mentioned before that I had no plans of completly catching y'all up on the last 18 months, but the more I think about it the more I really want to at least post pictures of what we have been doing so that one day I can print my blog in a book. I have visions of our ancient desktop crashing so it probably is best I have a "hard copy" of these pictures stored on the web somewhere.

Memorial Day Weekend 2010 my parents came to visit. We had a really nice time and thought what better way to spend Memorial Day but with a visit to Arlington National Cemetery. Of course we had to take the metro, something my boys LOVE to do!!

Gigi and some of her boys!

The rest of the boys.

Papa, Abby and I.

I love the last part of this sign, "Please remember these are hallowed grounds". So true.

I thought this picture was gorgeous. Apparently so did the guy in the bottom of my frame!


We took the time to find my Great Uncle's grave. I believe we were at Arlington right before the "scandal" of lost graves came out in the news. Hopefully Great Uncle Belt is actually buried here!!

The trip was EXHAUSTING for poor Joel! He had it easy, you should have seen the rest of us!

We ate dinner that night in Pentagon City. I think this was at California Pizza Kitchen, I don't remember exactly but I do remember that Abby went from this....

.....to this, in about 5 minutes flat. Gigi's will do that to you!

Day 1 of Memorial Weekend compelete! Stay tuned for Day 2, soon!!


No comments: