Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gabe Turns 5

These pictures seem like a lifetime ago! I cannot believe this is Gabe's 5th birthday. In 3 months he will be turning 7, wow! Gabe's birthday is January 21st. Gabe was born 12 days before Greg went back to Iraq for a second year long tour. I think I remember his birth more vividly then the other boys, one, because I had him naturally, NO DRUGS, and because of the pain of knowing Greg was leaving. I remember really bonding with my dear friend Nancy in the days following his birth. I also remember wondering how in the world we were going to survive a whole year without Greg AGAIN. How can it have been almost 7 years since this sweet boy was born?!

Presents!

Gabe was the first to take a trip to Kentucky with me. I wrapped a picture of Kentucky with a chain to count down the days until we left. The other boys were VERY jealous!



Five! One entire hand!

At the airport! We took our trip in March, so he had to wait a little while!

DCA to SDF ~ Louisville here we come!

Abby in her ~ Peace, Love, Louisville ~ shirt from her Gigi!

Gabe checking out the sky mall magazine. This is SO Gabe. If a product remotely smacks of "As Seen on TV" he loves it!!

The Dyson Air Blade. Gabe couldn't get enough!

Who doesn't love the moving sidewalk?!

Sadly, I don't remember a thing we did on this trip. I remember having fun but I think I was still in a post baby blur! Wish I had blogged about it earlier. Live and learn!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Aw, I remember too. 7 years, huh?! WOW. So much has happened since then!!!