Saturday, October 29, 2011

Abby's 1st Haircut

It's kind of a fib to say that these next pictures are Abby's first hair cut. All my kids are born with a ton of hair. It's really cute at first. For about the first two and half months they look like little monkeys from the back BUT then it starts falling out! They have all lost their hair in random patterns. It's never pretty. When Ethan was a baby my Mom and I got a great idea to just shave all his hair off. We did that with Gabe and with Joel, but I just couldn't do it with Abby. I really should have, I mean look at this picture:

TERRIBLE!! I did cut off her rat tail but looking back she had some FUNKY hair. I tried to trim it when it needed it but it is hard to cut your daughter's hair! My cousin trimmed her up when we were at my Aunt's funeral and told me to just keep trimming the back until the front and back could catch up. I'm glad I listened to her advice, now Abby has really cute hair! Here are some pictures from what I'm calling her first "real" haircut on January 20, 2011!

Some before pictures.

Cheese Momma! I've been trying to get her to call me Momma because I think it sounds REALLY cute but she basically refuses!

The boys read some magazines while they waited. It was Crazy Sweater Day at our Home School Co-op hence the Christmas sweater on Ethan in January!

Ready for a trim!


Having second thoughts at this point.

Resigned to the fact that she was getting the trim no matter what!

After! It's hard to tell but it was a cute little stacked bob! Check out her bib....can you tell who doesn't like black olives.....she clearly isn't a Leppert!

Found some better AFTER pictures.....no that's not Victoria Beckham:

Sassy girl!

No comments: