Monday, October 17, 2011

Sam's Kentucky Trip

Well, crud! I just realized I'm going to have to go back further then May of 2010 to really share what we have been up to. When I look back I realize I basically quit blogging around the time Abby was born. Shocking, I know!

A little history on this post. Starting with Gabe's birthday January 2010, we decided that we would fly each of the "big" boys to Kentucky for their birthdays in lieu of gifts. The following pictures are from Sam's trip:

DCA to SDF ~ Kentucky here we come!!

Sam's first plane ride!!


Sam and Grandpa Spencer

My inlaws have a beautiful farm in south central Kentucky, complete with a creek, go cart, tire swing, golf cart and toys galore. It is a young boys paradise! Here Sam is getting ready to go go carting. As always, safety first!

Three generations. Great Granny Dinwiddie, Granny Spencer, and Abby.

Abby at Lakeside. I don't know why but I love, love, love this picture of her!

Sam at Lakeside! One of the most magical places on earth!!

Gigi, had an awesome idea to take Sam to the Frazier Arms Museum in Louisville. It is a super cool place and right up Sam's ally. He especially loved the American Soldier exhibit!

Sam slaying a dragon. We got to watch a sword demonstration. It was very informative and let me tell ya, the movies get it completely wrong!

Sam insisted I take a picture of this model!

What a ham! Who is this kid?!

I am so glad that we took the time and money to make these trips. I have great memories of taking each one of them. Greg and I are really thinking of getting rid of "gifts" for birthdays and going instead with experiences. We have so much "junk" and would really like to make some memories with each of the boys one on one for their special day. Ethan's birthday is in 2.5 weeks. I have no idea what to get him. A groupon came out for a trapeze class, but you had to be 18, hmmmmm.....for now the jury is still out!

No comments: