Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Summer of 2010

Shortly after the Fourth of July in 2010 the army sent Greg on an all expense six week paid vacation to Austin, Texas. Fun, Fun. We tried to figure out a way, economically and logistically for the whole family to go with him, but ultimately decided it was best the kids and I stay in Virginia. I have amazing children. It wasn't horrible being a solo parent for a month and a half. Greg did receive several hysterical phone calls, but that is to be expected when you are juggling five kids and are tired! We did a few fun things while Greg was gone. The first was "Cow Appreciation Day" at Chick-fil-a. I hand drew all of their shirts! I was very proud of myself!


Enjoying our free food!

My littlest cow!

Abby didn't dress up but she sure did enjoy munching on this stuffed cow. I'd say she was definitely "appreciating" him!

At one point, after one of my hysterical phone calls, Greg sat the boys down and gave them a good talking too. This picture cracks me up!

We go to a wonderful church. At the end of third grade the kids are eligible to go to camp for a week. I was a nervous wreck to let Sam go. I embroidered his name on everything in sight! In this picture we were about to leave.

Sam with his best buddy Sanjiv!

Bye Mom!
Abby was ready for March Madness a little early this year. She is a UK fan already!!

Greg got done with school the second week in August. I packed everyone up and drove the 11 hours to Kentucky all by myself and he flew to meet us there. Have I mentioned how amazing my children are??? I will say, by the time we hit the Kentucky border I was driving slightly over the speed limit!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I know it would have been a logistical and budget nightmare but I wish you could have come to Austin, I would love love love to see you in person again! Love the blog, so glad you're catching us back up again! :)